Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Robbie Seahag Solo Acoustic

I recently went out of my way to play an acoustic set by myself in the Tri-State Area of New York City.  Being that this was my first time doing this, I didn't tell anyone.  I did this for myself to practice in front of a fresh audience, and I think I'll be trying this again secretly to get my chops up. 

The experience was great and I got to play in front of people I didn't know, and I realized how easy it was to make people laugh.  My banter was surprisingly comedian-esque and, well, my songs are often like that too.  Let it be known, I was nervous about doing this gig and that's the exact reason I said yes to it when I was asked.  I had to get over the hump. I learned a lot from this singular performance.  We had a little jam at the end with my friends (guitarist) Tim Palmieri and (drummer) Adrian Tramontano, and some other talented performers. 

My set list included these original songs:  Haunted Boat Ride, She Sleeps in the Attic Now, Ham to the Clam, Hangry, Boring 40-Something, Puppethead, Scattered Showers, Four Eels.  No instrumentals were performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment